The Policy of the Journal
The Scientific-methodical Journal "KazNU Bulletin. Philology Series» an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed edition with a thematic focus.
The founder and publisher of the journal is Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. The journal is registered as a media and as an independent edition with the ISSN international index and subscription indexes. It is included in the list of scientific publications recommended by the Committee for Control of Education and Science (KKSON) for publishing the basic results of scientific activity.
The journal is published 6 times a year.
The editorial staff pursues the policy of open access to peer-reviewed publications, contributing to the effectiveness of research activities of the authors, advancement of scientific information exchange, increasing papers citations.
Mission of the Journal: coverage of the latest achievements of philological sciences; actualization of current problems of modernization and development of education, scientific and technical potential of Kazakhstan; introduction of scientific achievements and innovative mechanisms in the development of social institutions.
The journal publishes original articles, containing the results of scientific and applied activities in the field of the Humanities, the analysis of advanced humanitarian technologies and achievements in science and education, sharing experience and integration of regional and foreign innovation systems of education, processes of modernization of Kazakhstani education.
The priority areas are as follows:
- General issues of linguistics;
- General linguistics;
- Applied linguistics;
- World languages;
- Comparative analysis in linguistics;
- Theory of Translation;
- General issues of literary criticism;
- Theory of Literature;
- History of literature;
- Folk arts;
- Comparative analysis of literary works;
- Literary bibliography;
- Texts of works of art as the object of literary criticism, as well as their critical review and description;
- General issues of teaching philological disciplines;
- Methods of teaching in secondary and higher vocational school;
- Technical means of teaching and training equipment;
- Advanced training of scientific workers;
- General questions of mass communication studies;
- Culture, art, art studies
1) publication of the results of scientific and applied activities in the field of the Humanities;
2) analysis of advanced humanitarian technologies and achievements in science and educational activity;
3) dissemination of integration experience of regional and international innovation systems of education, processes of modernization of Kazakhstani education;
4) introduction of new concepts, programs, projects and technologies that contribute to the development of science and education;
5) the formation of communication platform of potential participants of social partnership in the field of the Humanities and educational activities.
The target audience of readers and authors of the journal is intended to cover a wide range. These are scientists representing various scientific specialties, employees of educational institutions of various types, graduates, doctoral students from all regions of Kazakhstan, from a number of near and far abroad countries (Russia, the Republic of Azerbaijan, Belarus, Turkey, China, etc.). Besides these, the journal audience includes people engaged in educational activities, people succeeded in self-education, Mass Media workers, creators of educational software products and network information and training systems, and others.
In the context of open information space and international cooperation papers are published in English, Kazakh and Russian languages. The materials having conceptual, debatable character, based on the real current situation of research in the sphere of the Humanities and continuing education are welcomed.
The journal publishes any author, regardless of the place of residence, nationality, and academic degree, presenting previously unpublished material that is not submitted for simultaneous publication elsewhere. The acceptance of articles for publication in the journal is carried out constantly.
The Editorial Board reserves the right of final decision on the adoption of materials for publication. When working with the submitted materials confidentiality of all the provisions of the Law on Copyright and Related Rights of June 10, 1996 № 6-I (Civil Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan) is guaranteed.
Legal basis of editorial policy. The right of authorship belongs to the author. Non-exclusive rights to use materials of the journal belong to Al-Farabi KazNU and Publishing House "Қазақ университеті" as the founder and publisher. Reprinting of materials in whole or in part undertaken for scientific, educational or research purposes is possible only with reference to the particulars about the journal with the obligatory indication of the copyright holder and the name(s) of the author(s) of articles. When creating new, creatively independent works based on the papers published in the journal, quoting or translating fragments of articles for the purpose of citation it is necessary to refer to the original sources in compliance with the rules of citation.
Professional code. In preparing publications Chief editor and the editorial staff are guided by the following principles of professional activity:
- to respect the rights of privacy of persons of publications;
-to be guided by socio-cultural values of the target audiences;
- to use only the information that has a particular documentary evidence;
- to present the description of a problem situation from different points of view;
- to avoid obvious bias, offensive or derogatory tone of publications;
- to publish the news in maximum efficient mode;
- to avoid illegal and unethical methods to obtain information;
- to respect the confidentiality of informants who explicitly express the desire to remain anonymous;
- to resolve conflicts in the pretrial order.
Ethical aspects of editorial policy. The Editorial Board is responsible for making decisions on publications providing the validity of its decision by involving the leading scientists of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University and outside experts as reviewers to discuss the received papers. The decision on publication is determined by the accuracy of the paper, scientific validity and relevance of the work.
The policy of Editorial Board is based on current legal requirements in respect of defamation, copyright law and plagiarism, set out in the Kazakhstani legislation and ethical principles that are supported by the community of the leading publishers of scientific periodicals.
Considering the review as an essential element in ensuring the exchange of scientific information, the editors put forward to the reviewers the requirements of confidentiality, objectivity, impartiality, clarity and validity of expression of their opinion, recognition of the principle of primary sources.
From authors submitting their papers for publication in the journal, Editorial Board expects compliance with the following principles:
- Relevance of the topic and scientific novelty of research, originality of the research problems and applied methods of research;
- Provision of reliability of the results of research and scientific work;
- Compliance with the information needs of the audience and genre requirements;
- Recognition of the contribution of others, the obligatory presence of bibliography, issued in accordance with the requirements of the current State Standard;
- Presentation of all participants as collaborators who have made a significant contribution to the study, approval of the final version by all co-authors;
- Immediate message about finding by the author of significant errors or inaccuracies in the publication and interaction with the editor for an early error correction or removal of the publication, timely correction of errors and inaccuracies identified by the reviewer or editor.
The editorial policy of the journal is based on the traditional ethical principles of Kazakhstani scientific periodicals, it supports the Code of Ethics of scientific publications, formulated by the British Committee on the Ethics of Scientific Publications and is constructed with regard to ethical work of editors and publishers, enshrined in the Code of conduct and Guidelines for journal editors (Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors) and in Code of Conduct for journal publishers (Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers), developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
The journal can publish promotional materials dedicated to advanced technologies in the field of the Humanities and education.
Free reproduction of journal materials is allowed for personal use and free use for informational, scientific, educational or cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 984 Sec.50 P. V of the Civil Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Other types of use are possible only after the appropriate written agreements with the copyright holder.